Farnham Town Centre Races
as part of Farnham Festival of Cycling
Sunday 8 July 2018
An expanded race programme for 2018
Racing cyclists are invited to take part in Farnham’s second Town Centre Races, which includes races for Elite riders and children this year.
Held on the one-way system and supported by local businesses, clubs and volunteers, the races deliver excitement for participants and spectators alike.
Town Centre Races or ‘criteriums’ are notorious for their fast and furious pace and the potential for supporters to get close to the action – and this one will be no exception. The short circuit and its tight turns will test the riders’ racecraft and bike handling skills to the max, while spectators will be torn between holding their breath and yelling for all they’re worth!
There are five races (times are provisional and will be confirmed):
• 17:50 U8/1U10 •
• 18:05 U12/U14 •
• 18:30 Men (3rd cat Regional B) •
• 19:15 Women (2/3/4) •
• 20:00 Men (E/1/2 National B) •
Entry is now open via the British Cycling website
All riders, including children, must hold an appropriate British Cycling Racing Licence.
Race HQ for signing-on and changing facilities is at Farnham Maltings.
17:00 – 21:30
• The Borough •
• South Street from The Borough to Victoria Road •
• Victoria Road •
• Downing Street from Victoria Road to West Street •
Car park closures
timings to be confirmed
• No entry to South Street car park •
• Controlled exit from Central car park between races •
• Vehicles travelling along West Street may turn left into Castle Street •
• Access to and from Wagon Yard car park will be controlled by traffic marshals •
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused
We are grateful to our supporters for their generous sponsorship of the Farnham Town Centre Races in 2018
Thank you to officials, marshals, stewards and other volunteers from VC Meudon. VC Meudon, based in the Farnham and Fleet area, welcomes cyclists with an interest in cycle racing and/or supporting cycle racing.