as part of Farnham Festival of Cycling
Sunday 5 July 2020 from 17:50
An exciting race programme for 2020
Racing cyclists are invited to take part in Farnham’s fourth Town Centre Races, which include races for Elite riders and children.
Held on the one-way system and supported by local businesses, clubs and volunteers, the races deliver excitement for participants and spectators alike.
Town Centre Races or ‘criteriums’ are notorious for their fast and furious pace and the potential for supporters to get close to the action – and this one will be no exception. The short circuit and its tight turns will test the riders’ racecraft and bike handling skills to the max, while spectators will be torn between holding their breath and yelling for all they’re worth!
There are five races:
• 17:50 U8 sponsored by Farnham Town Council
• 18:00 U10/U12 sponsored by Farnham Town Council
• 18:15 U14/U16 sponsored by Farnham Town Council
• 18:45 Men (3rd cat Regional B)
• 19:25 Women (E/1/2/3)
• 20:05 Men (E/1/2 National B) sponsored by Pedal Heaven
2020 entry will open shortly on the British Cycling website
All riders, including children, must hold an appropriate British Cycling Racing Licence.
The Race HQ for signing on and changing facilities is at
Spire Church, South Street, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7QU
17:00 – 21:30
• The Borough •
• South Street from The Borough to Victoria Road •
• Victoria Road •
• Downing Street from Victoria Road to West Street •
Car park closures
17:00 – 21:30
• No entry to South Street car park •
• No entry to Central car park •
• Controlled exit from Central car park between races •
• Vehicles travelling along West Street may turn left into Castle Street •
• Access to and from Wagon Yard car park will be controlled by traffic marshals •
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused
We are grateful to our supporters for their generous sponsorship of the Farnham Town Centre Races in 2019